From: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Getting Stripes into the tree with the cos package licence.
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 03:21:23
1 Im really wanting to get a few packages into the main package tree, another of
2 which is jogl, but am wanting feedback on the cos library.
5 As some of you dev's might be aware cos's licence is rather restrictive
6
7 REDISTRIBUTION RIGHTS
8 4. The distribution is not part of a software development kit, operating
9 system, other library, or a development tool without written permission from
10 the copyright holder.
11
12 which begs us to question whether we can redistribute it without retrieving
13 consent first. This is something I would like to do, but feel it is better
14 to come from someone who is 'officially' a member of gentoo-java. (ie a dev)
15
16 Now....
17
18 Stripes ( a library similar to struts/strecks ) has permission to redistribute
19 the cos library. Would anyone have any compliants if, at least initially,
20 stripes used its bundled cos jar? Also would anyone be interested in
21 contacting cos-licensing@××××××××.com regarding this (if you havent already).
22
23 Thanks
24