From: Taahir Ahmed <ahmedtd@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Packaging scm-manager
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 05:22:07
1 On Thursday, August 08, 2013 18:48:24 PM Taahir Ahmed wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm interested in packaging scm-manager [http://www.scm-manager.org/]. It's
5 a
6 > very nice java servlet that handles hosting git, mercurial, bazaar, and
7 > subversion repositories.
8 >
9 > I'm starting by writing an init script for my existing install (attached).
10 > I've got it mostly working, I think, but I am wondering if there's a gentoo-
11 > approved way of setting a proper value for JAVA_HOME in the init script.
12 >
13 > There is a file (/etc/profile.d/java-config-2.sh) that sets a value for
14 > several java-related environment variables. Is it good practice to source
15 > this file from an init script? Right now I'm just using a sub-shell call to
16 > java-config to detect the active system vm.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > Taahir Ahmed
21
22 One other thing: scm-manager uses maven. Is there a maven eclass in the
23 works, or do I need to run it manually from src_configure/src_compile?
24
25 Thanks,
26
27 Taahir Ahmed