From: Taahir Ahmed <ahmedtd@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Packaging scm-manager
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 23:48:32
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm interested in packaging scm-manager [http://www.scm-manager.org/]. It's a
4 very nice java servlet that handles hosting git, mercurial, bazaar, and
5 subversion repositories.
6
7 I'm starting by writing an init script for my existing install (attached).
8 I've got it mostly working, I think, but I am wondering if there's a gentoo-
9 approved way of setting a proper value for JAVA_HOME in the init script.
10
11 There is a file (/etc/profile.d/java-config-2.sh) that sets a value for
12 several java-related environment variables. Is it good practice to source
13 this file from an init script? Right now I'm just using a sub-shell call to
14 java-config to detect the active system vm.
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Taahir Ahmed