From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Programming projects for people who want to contribute to improving Java on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:09:52
1 We get a lot of people wanting to contribute so let's see if someone on
2 the mailing list is interested in attacking one of the following problems:
3
4 1. A tool to automatically find targets from build.xml files. This is
5 basically done by checking which targets run javadoc, junit, jar etc.
6
7 2. Port the maven patches from JPackage to Gentoo.
8 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Maven_Notes
9
10 3. Write a GUI configuration tool for Java on Gentoo
11 To for example configure jdk or java options per application
12
13 Just contact me (betelgeuse) on #gentoo-java in Freenode and I can give
14 you the more info/specs on howto implement these. Of course we still
15 need more people doing the ebuild maintenance too.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri