From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Programming projects for people who want to contribute to improving Java on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:11:03
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > We get a lot of people wanting to contribute so let's see if someone on
3 > the mailing list is interested in attacking one of the following problems:
4 >
5 > 1. A tool to automatically find targets from build.xml files. This is
6 > basically done by checking which targets run javadoc, junit, jar etc.
7 >
8 > 2. Port the maven patches from JPackage to Gentoo.
9 > http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Maven_Notes
10 >
11 > 3. Write a GUI configuration tool for Java on Gentoo
12 > To for example configure jdk or java options per application
13 >
14 > Just contact me (betelgeuse) on #gentoo-java in Freenode and I can give
15 > you the more info/specs on howto implement these. Of course we still
16 > need more people doing the ebuild maintenance too.
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Petteri
22 Some of these projects can be turned in to Google Summer of Code
23 projects so if you are a student, this is a change to earn some money too.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri