From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Weka package cleanup
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:49:01
1 Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > On 1/16/07, Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
3 >> > I can help... Moving all packages I use to generation 2...
4 >>
5 >> Yeah, migrating packages that one has installed is common :) Maybe then
6 >> we find the rest isn't that important as not many people use it.
7 >> Help would be appreciated for sure. But please don't commit that on your
8 >> own without our review, at least for first attempts. Takes some
9 >> experience to do it properly (and admittedly, our docs aren't exactly up
10 >> to date with the eclasses improvements you can for example see in this
11 >> ML).
12 >
13 > But you have to promiss me response time...
14 > I will open a bug for each ebuild, and you review it in... a year? :)
17 The best approach would probably be to give you commit access to the
18 java overlays. From there it would be immediately useful for our users
19 and could then be reviewed when java devs have the time. The easiest
20 approach to get something done in the Gentoo java land is to ping us in
21 #gentoo-java.
22
23 Regards,
24 Petteri