From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Weka package cleanup
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:56:28
1 On 1/16/07, Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
2 > > I can help... Moving all packages I use to generation 2...
3 >
4 > Yeah, migrating packages that one has installed is common :) Maybe then
5 > we find the rest isn't that important as not many people use it.
6 > Help would be appreciated for sure. But please don't commit that on your
7 > own without our review, at least for first attempts. Takes some
8 > experience to do it properly (and admittedly, our docs aren't exactly up
9 > to date with the eclasses improvements you can for example see in this ML).
10
11 But you have to promiss me response time...
12 I will open a bug for each ebuild, and you review it in... a year? :)
13
14 > > My interest is to stop forcing sun-sdk-1.5 as generation 1...
15 >
16 > It's jdk-1.4 and it will have to be forced in generation 1. The interest
17 > is to remove generation 1 :)
18
19 NO... I force 1.5 to be generation 1... I don't like to have two sdks
20 on my machine.
21
22 Best Regards,
23 Alon Bar-Lev.