From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Cc: sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Java with Sun Ultra Sparc 60
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:26:19
1 harald kirjoitti:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > recently downloaded and installed Gentoo on my Sparc Sun machine.
5 > Unfortunately i did not find any package containing java for this
6 > architecture. is it possible to install any other java (source) package
7 > instead? is java support planned by gentoo foundation for these types of
8 > machines?
9 >
10 > please let me know, java support is very important for me.
13 The sparc arch team does not currently support java so basically nothing
14 java has sparc keywords. This is because none of the closed source vms
15 work on sparc and the arch team was not interested in FOSS solutions at
16 that time. They can probably shed more light on their future plans
17 themselves.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri Räty