From: David Emmett <daisy@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] mockobjects-0.09-r1 won't build against junit-3.8.2
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:24:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I just submitted a bug in the Gentoo Linux product, bug #160711
4
5 I updated my system over Christmas, and then tried to emerge groovy. It kept
6 failling because of a visibility change between junit 3.8.1 and junit 3.8.2.
7 The junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals() method had it's visibility changed
8 from private to public between junit version 3.8.1 and 3.8.2.
9
10 mockobjects has a class com.mockobjects.util.AssertMo which extends Assert,
11 and overrides the failNotEquals() method, but declares it protected. This
12 means that mockobjects will no longer compile against junit 3.8.2. The fix is
13 the change the method (at line 81 of com.mockobjects.util.AssertMo) from
14 protected to public. I have not worked with epatch, so I don't know how it
15 works, otherwise I would have submitted a patch. I'll try and figure it out
16 and submit a patch anyway.
17
18 I have also submitted this bug to the mockobjects project. Hopefully, they
19 will also fix this problem.
20
21 Cheers,
22