From: David Emmett <daisy@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] mockobjects-0.09-r1 won't build against junit-3.8.2
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:41:57
1 On Sunday 07 January 2007 17:24, David Emmett wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just submitted a bug in the Gentoo Linux product, bug #160711
5 >
6 > I updated my system over Christmas, and then tried to emerge groovy. It
7 > kept failling because of a visibility change between junit 3.8.1 and junit
8 > 3.8.2. The junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals() method had it's
9 > visibility changed from private to public between junit version 3.8.1 and
10 > 3.8.2.
11 >
12 > mockobjects has a class com.mockobjects.util.AssertMo which extends Assert,
13 > and overrides the failNotEquals() method, but declares it protected. This
14 > means that mockobjects will no longer compile against junit 3.8.2. The fix
15 > is the change the method (at line 81 of com.mockobjects.util.AssertMo) from
16 > protected to public. I have not worked with epatch, so I don't know how it
17 > works, otherwise I would have submitted a patch. I'll try and figure it out
18 > and submit a patch anyway.
19 >
20 > I have also submitted this bug to the mockobjects project. Hopefully, they
21 > will also fix this problem.
24 I found out how to make a patch (is it really as simple as doing diff -u?),
25 and have attached the patch file. This patch file needs to be added to the
26 existing patch file for mockobjects-0.09-r1 (which patches the build.xml
27 file).
28
29 Hope this is useful,
30