From: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] [RFC] Deprecation of ejavac
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:48:14
1 On 4/20/07, Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
4 > > Petteri Räty wrote:
5 > >>> I propose to deprecate ejavac and remove it in gen3 - writting
6 > build.xml files
7 > >>> is very easy, so I don't see any reason why not to do so for few
8 > packages still
9 > >>> using ejavac:
10 > >> Well is there any compelling reason not to support it? Works fine and
11 > >> does what it is supposed to.
12 > >
13 > > IMVHO it's a hack to not write a build.xml, you have to run ejavac, then
14 > jar,
15 > > eventually javadoc - why? Isn't it easier (and less error prone) to do
16 > it in
17 > > build.xml?
18 >
19 > I don't agree it's hack. I think it's easier to write few lines in
20 > ebuild than writing build.xml which needs ant dependency, takes space in
21 > FILESDIR and in the end does exactly the same thing.
25 Caster: ++