From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] [RFC] Deprecation of ejavac
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:48:21
1 Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >>> I propose to deprecate ejavac and remove it in gen3 - writting build.xml files
4 >>> is very easy, so I don't see any reason why not to do so for few packages still
5 >>> using ejavac:
6 >> Well is there any compelling reason not to support it? Works fine and
7 >> does what it is supposed to.
8 >
9 > IMVHO it's a hack to not write a build.xml, you have to run ejavac, then jar,
10 > eventually javadoc - why? Isn't it easier (and less error prone) to do it in
11 > build.xml?
12
13 I don't agree it's hack. I think it's easier to write few lines in
14 ebuild than writing build.xml which needs ant dependency, takes space in
15 FILESDIR and in the end does exactly the same thing.
16
17 > BTW. you don't have to CC me when replying - I'm reading gentoo-java :)
18
19 He probably used 'Reply to All' because he's too sexy for
20 USE=replytolist with thunderbird :)
21 --
22 Vlastimil Babka (Caster)
23 Gentoo/Java