From: Joshua Nichols <joshua.nichols@×××××.com>
To: Rusty Phillips <rustyp@×××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] What is the current status of hibernate
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:17:57
On 10/10/05, Rusty Phillips <rustyp@×××××××××.org> wrote:
> So far, here's what I've got: > 1) Mockobjects depends on jms. This dependency isn't listed, but it > doesn't work without it. This isn't in the tree, so I don't know if > you're dealing with it or not.
You mean dev-java/jms ? :) I suspect it has to do with log4j having a jms USE flag, and that somehow got on the classpath because of ant... so I'll have to take a look at that.
> 2) xdoclet can't dojar "velocity-1" because I don't have a velocity-1 > installed. I have a velocity-1.4. Removing the "-1" it works. > If you're going to use "RDEPEND =dev-java/velocity-1*" you're going to > have to deal with the possibility that you get velocity-1*.
The most recent version of velocity in experimental is SLOT=1. In general, you want to do at least 'emerge -u' when emerging Java packages. This is basically because we can't have a slot dependency, or more specifically, we can't depend on the most recent version belonging to a particular slot. For example, we depend on =dev-java/velocity-1*, to do slot 1.. however this matches 1.4, which is SLOT=0, which you have installed. So, you'd have to emerge -u to get 1.4-r1 which is slotted.