From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] System broken due to a use of a 1.5 JDK for a system VM
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:10:57
1 lugduweb wrote:
2 > Well... the problem now is that I'm not sure to understand how to switch
3 > to this "overlay" ? Do I have to rebuild my all system ?
4
5 No, you have to follow
6 https://projects.gentooexperimental.org/expj/wiki/Using_migration-overlay
7
8 > Could somebody tell me how to check what packages are wrong and what to
9 > do ?
10 > Thanks & best regards.
13 The link above has a section "1.5 JDK set as your Generation-1 VM" which
14 tells you to execute /usr/bin/java-1.5-fixer which gets installed with
15 the overlay stuff. Previously I think the tiger-faq mentioned direct
16 link to this fixer script, without need of migrating first. You can try
17 extracting and running it from
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~nichoj/distfiles/java-config-wrapper-0.8.tar.bz2
19 but not sure if it works :)
20