From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] RFC: Default src_compile for java-pkg-2.eclass
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:45:16
1 Joshua Nichols kirjoitti:
2 > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
3 >> I wonder if ebuild using those variables would be more typing than
4 >> ebuild with own src_compile() :) but not a bad idea anyway.
7 > The idea is that you don't end up repeating the same code snippet over
8 > and over. Instead, you use some variables to configure what targets get
9 > called. This helps with maintainence, as if we change src_compile, you
10 > don't have to update it in a trillion places. For example, eant dies by
11 > itself on error, but a lot of places do eant || die. If we had a default
12 > src_compile, you'd have to fix it in exactly one place.
13 >> Yeah check is needed, otherwise you'll be trying to compile current -bin
14 >> packages without src_compile() in ebuild...
15 >> Not sure if any ebuild would use the variable, but why not...
16 >>
17 > The answer to 'why not' would be added complexity. But some packages
18 > would use it, ie, I know some packages have build files at, for example
19 > 'build/build.xml'.
22 Committed the attached.
23
24 Regards,
25 Petteri

default-src_compile-2.patch text/x-patch
signature.asc application/pgp-signature