From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Split of dev-java/ ?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:54:21
1 Nice idea but not sure if java will be allowed to take so many
2 categories... even perl has only dev-perl and perl-core... Maybe such
3 separation would be enough... And everything that is just implemented in
4 java but serves standalone purpose should be moved into general
5 categories, like:
6
7 >> - java-apps - standalone Java applications - like jvmstat, jython, etc)
8 >
9 > Hmmm, I like this one too. It is consistent with other package
10 > categories like "www-apps/" and "sys-apps/".
11
12 I think jython should be dev-lang, since it's only implemented in Java
13 but not "tied to" it?
14
15 Caster
16 --