From: Brett Curtis <dashnu@×××××.com>
To: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] log4j -> juli
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:03:22
1 On Jul 6, 2006, at 1:38 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
5 > (i cut the official JCL 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 binaries)
6 >
7 > this may be an issue with the gentoo source compilation for commons
8 > logging. when compiled from source (rather than using the jakarta
9 > binary), you may encounter issues if log4j is upgraded without
10 > recompiling JCL.
13 I am not sure if what you are saying is simply recompiling JCL after
14 the upgrade of log4j but I tried that with the same results.
15
16 dev-java/commons-logging-1.0.4-r1
17 dev-java/log4j-1.2.13
21 > (if this is a common problem, i could drop in on IRC somewhere -
22 > where? - later tonight)
25 I am going to jump onto IRC later tonight 7:00 EST in hopes to get
26 this resolved.
27
28 > - robert
29