From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] log4j -> juli
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:14:08
1 I am looking into if there were any changes with log4j between 1.2.12
2 and 1.2.13. The official Tomcat binary is compiled with 1.2.12, and we
3 are compiling against 1.2.13.
4
5 I am not even sure Tomcat is using it at all during compile, and has
6 little to no need for it at runtime. Aside from custom apps. There could
7 be a possibility of custom log4j apps needing to be ported from 1.2.12
8 to 1.2.13. I am trying to hunt down a change log or etc to find out what
9 changed or etc.
10
11 Another possibility. With Tomcat's classpath loader and all, and use of
12 JULI now. It might be possible Tomcat is finding part of what it's
13 looking at further up the chain like in the bootstrap classpath. Since
14 it's finding part, it's running with that there, instead of looking for
15 the rest or another similar version further down the classpath chain.
16
17 Really no clue, really weird, and I am looking into. I did research
18 extensively in the past with upstream as to what could cause the problem
19 and a possible solution. However previous problem was more on the lines
20 of crashing from memory, than from cnfe.
23 Sincerely,
24 William L. Thomson Jr.
25 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
26 http://www.obsidian-studios.com