From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: gcj, maven, the GPL and ebuild
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:40:03
1 On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:05:44 +0200, Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
2
3 > Thufir wrote:
4 >> I've been sifting through the archives on these topics and would like a
5 >> status report on java. stat ;)
6 >
7 > One will be posted tomorrow after todays team meeting.
8
9 Lucky timing for me, then :)
10
11 >> Finally, I was amazed to read that maven is, apparently,
12 >> windows-centric. Very disappointing.
13 >
14 > Any source on this?
15
16 This mailing list. There were complaints about maven being
17 windows-centric.
18
19 >> The bottom line appears to be that java for Linux sucked, got better,
20 >> but still sucks and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.
21 >> Yes?
22 >
23 > No.
24
25 I'm not looking for a yes/no altercation; look forward to more info :)
28 -Thufir
31 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list