From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Re: [gentoo-user] coretemp and smartbatt drivers for lm_sensors
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 01:42:43
On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 07:42:22PM -0400, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Okay. I got i2c_i801.ko and coretemp.ko created and loaded in the kernel. > The CONFIG_ACPI_SBS=m parameter creates two modules: sbs.ko and sbshc.ko; > modprobe sbs loades both; hence no smartbatt. The relevant section from > sensors-detect output is
Looking at the lm_sensors codebase, it looks like smartbatt might be obsolete, having being replaced by sbs and sbshc - so instead of using lm_sensors to interface with it, go and look in sysfs instead. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85