From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] SGI Octane kernel patch available
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 00:00:46
1 On 09/22/2014 10:44, Alex Deucher wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:47 AM, Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I've made a unified patch against linux-3.16.0 available to get Octane working
4 >> for anyone with such a machine again. I still have to re-work the patchset for
5 >> mips-sources to include this, but that will take a while longer. I'll try to
6 >> get stages uploaded in a few days someplace as well, along with the minimal
7 >> netboot initramfs.
8 >>
9 >> Full info is available here on the forums:
10 >> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7621340.html
13 > For review purposes and probably a better chance of spotting bugs, it
14 > would be nice if you could break you patch up into manageable pieces
15 > and send then out as git patches. E.g., precursor patches, core
16 > support patches, individual new driver patches.
17 >
18 > Alex
19
20 The goal is to eventually get this into linux-mips upstream by breaking it up
21 into separate patches for review. Right now, though, I just wanted to put
22 something out there for others to hack on and maybe improve things. There are
23 still some drivers that Octane uses that can work on other systems that have
24 problems on those other systems. Specifically, the IOC3 metadriver. That
25 doesn't work on IP27 right now, and that's the bare minimum that has to be
26 fixed before I can send things upstream, since upstream won't accept two
27 different variants of IOC3 code for two different systems.
30 Joshua Kinard
31 Gentoo/MIPS
32 kumba@g.o
33 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
34
35 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
36 lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
37
38 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic