From: Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson <creideiki+gentoo-mips@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Emacs in X with toolkits?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:05:15
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been trying to make Emacs work in X on my SGI Octane. KDE works, Emacs in
4 console mode works, and Emacs in X without toolkits also works, but if I
5 compile Emacs with either Xaw3d or Motif I get segfaults at startup.
6
7 Looking around a bit, I see this problem reported as early as December 2001[1]
8 and as late as April 2005[2]. Other reports (with backtraces from GDB) are at
9 [3] and [4].
10
11 The Debian bug report[1] claims that this is due to a bug in a new version of
12 binutils and that it was fixed in January 2002. I have not found any details
13 about this binutils bug.
14
15 Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
16
17 1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=126918
18 2: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2005/04/msg00036.html
19 3: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2003/03/msg00038.html