From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] releases -> historical move before release
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:26:05
Admins,

It is that time again. 2005.1 is right around the corner, and in the next
week or so, I will be moving each arch's older releases from releases/
into historical/ for those who do not mirror the latter. This should clear
up quite a bit of space, because as I have heard from our release
engineering head, this release will be one of our biggest. I do not have
hard space requirements as of right now, but should have those in a few
days.

Distfiles mirror admins, please make sure you are syncing with the -H flag
in your rsync cronjob, which will take hard links into account and
alleviate the need to redownload files being moved.

Please post any concerns on this list and we can work together to get
those ironed out. Thanks for all your help!

Regards,
Jeffrey Forman

--
Jeffrey Forman