From: Dylan Vanderhoof <llarian@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:03:20
On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:19 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:

> On 06/14/2010 09:58 PM, Dylan Vanderhoof wrote: >> Updated rsync27.us.gentoo.org and switched to IPv6 for rsync to the master. >> >> I also noticed that the rsyncXX.xx.gentoo.org DNS entries have no AAAA records even when IPv6 is supported, is that something we need to update? >> >> -D > > Hi. > > Eventually, we will get to that point. We don't want to do it all at once quite yet. One thing at a time. :) Actually, this thread has shown that our community mirrors have more IPv6 support that I thought. > > For more information: http://blog.jolexa.net/2010/06/13/gentoo-mirrors-mixed-ipv4ipv6-rotations/ > > -Jeremy >
Very cool, that's good to hear! As your blog points out, runout is coming, like it or not. =) I'm actually surprised at the number of IPv6 clients I have on my distfiles mirror via ftp and http. Hurricane Electric can take a lot of that credit, they seem to be originating half the BGP6 routing table right now. =) -D