From: carlos@fisica.ufpr.br (Carlos Carvalho)
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Incredibly slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:29:12
Jeremy Olexa (darkside@g.o) wrote on 30 October 2009 19:34:
 >On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:36:26 +0100, Martin Eisenhardt
 ><martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org> wrote:
 >> Hi Jeremy, hi list,
 >>
 >> On 28.10.2009, at 18:00, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
 >>> If you are still having slow speeds then please provide a traceroute
 >>> from your host that
 >>> you are trying to sync from.
 >>
 >> Sadly, my issue is still unresolved. If there is anything I can do to
 >> help you find the error and fix this problem, please let me know.
 >
 >Martin,
 >Support from OSU (our source for masterdistfiles) said that there was some
 >problems in the past week with their DNS view. This may or may not be
 >related but they say that since you are getting the 140. address (which is
 >routed for people on I2) then there should not be any speed issues. Here,
 >they recommend to ask your upstream provider if they are having routing
 >issues to masterdistfiles or any other limitations. Additionally,
 >recommended to post the output of "mtr masterdistfiles.gentoo.org" as that
 >might provide some better clues.

Martin said that some files went fast and others slowly, so it doesn't
seem to be a dns problem.

Also, this week (on Tuesday), the same problems were seen in the
connection from osu to Europe. They delayed the rsync of the new
release of mozilla, to the point that the release was postponed by
several hours.