From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Social Contract and potential liabilities
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:14:18
1 On 10/25/15 7:08 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2015, 08:51:32 schrieb Sven Vermeulen:
3 > [SNIP]
4 >
5 > I would like to point out that (at least in my opinion) Gentoo cannot afford
6 > to be overly picky with respect to contributions at the moment. There are so
7 > many corners that severely lack manpower that a strict interpretation of the
8 > GSC may either have us just wither away or lead to a (detrimental) fork with
9 > the sole purpose of getting rid of the GSC.
10 >
11 > If anyone wants to decide on this and get an informed opinion, I suggest first
12 > committing a couple of ebuilds per day, taking care of at least one mentee,
13 > and putting some serious effort into public relations.
14 >
15 > (And no I sadly dont have much time at the moment either.)
18 I remain confident that we can save both. Right now everyone's heads
19 are hot. But we'll cool down and get more sober, we'll find solutions.
20
21 But you are right, Debian has the luxury of upholding their SC because
22 they have the manpower to do it.
25 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
26 Chair of Information Technology
27 D'Youville College