From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Social Contract and potential liabilities
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:07:00
1 Am Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2015, 08:51:32 schrieb Sven Vermeulen:
2 [SNIP]
3
4 I would like to point out that (at least in my opinion) Gentoo cannot afford
5 to be overly picky with respect to contributions at the moment. There are so
6 many corners that severely lack manpower that a strict interpretation of the
7 GSC may either have us just wither away or lead to a (detrimental) fork with
8 the sole purpose of getting rid of the GSC.
9
10 If anyone wants to decide on this and get an informed opinion, I suggest first
11 committing a couple of ebuilds per day, taking care of at least one mentee,
12 and putting some serious effort into public relations.
13
14 (And no I sadly dont have much time at the moment either.)
17 Andreas K. Huettel
18 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 http://www.akhuettel.de/