From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: removing retired developers by default
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:43:22
1 On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 7:26 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Historically, the foundations affairs have been organised so that a
4 > quorum at members meetings is never required, thus this is a non
5 > problem.
8 It is never required as long as you just want to maintain the status quo...
9
10 > Further, I see very few signs of people who actually want to participate
11 > in the foundation coming forward. If these people existed, they could
12 > start today. The foundation needs the offices of Secretary and Treasurer
13 > filled.
14
15 ... and this would be the status quo.
16
17 Well, I guess that is a stretch. It is more normal for the offices to
18 be filled, and merely inactive.
19
20 But, hey, we might yet see the Foundation file a tax return sometime
21 in our lifetimes...
22
23 (Not knocking the work Robin has done - it just seems to me that a
24 system that requires sporadic individual heroics to almost function is
25 fundamentally broken. I'm not convinced that anything other than a
26 complete re-design could fix this, perhaps going as far as not having
27 any legal entity at all.)
30 Rich