From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: removing retired developers by default
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:46:55
1 On 04/06/18 13:43, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 7:26 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Historically, the foundations affairs have been organised so that a
4 >> quorum at members meetings is never required, thus this is a non
5 >> problem.
6 >>
7 > It is never required as long as you just want to maintain the status quo...
8 >
9 >> Further, I see very few signs of people who actually want to participate
10 >> in the foundation coming forward. If these people existed, they could
11 >> start today. The foundation needs the offices of Secretary and Treasurer
12 >> filled.
13 > ... and this would be the status quo.
14 >
15 > Well, I guess that is a stretch. It is more normal for the offices to
16 > be filled, and merely inactive.
17 >
18 > But, hey, we might yet see the Foundation file a tax return sometime
19 > in our lifetimes...
20 >
21 > (Not knocking the work Robin has done - it just seems to me that a
22 > system that requires sporadic individual heroics to almost function is
23 > fundamentally broken. I'm not convinced that anything other than a
24 > complete re-design could fix this, perhaps going as far as not having
25 > any legal entity at all.)
26 >
27 Is something you feel strongly enough to change, or are you 'happy' with
28 the status quo ..
29
30 .. because if not, I see this mail as nothing but another layer of paint
31 on the bike-shed ..