From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-managers] I met with my lawyer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:40:24
On Friday 16 April 2004 23:16, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> Gentoo Technologies, Inc. will transfer the copyrights and trademarks to > the Gentoo Foundation. In exchange, the Gentoo Foundation will grant Daniel > Robbins & Gentoo Technologies, Inc. perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free > use of the "Gentoo" trademark and "G" logo. This will allow me to continue > to run the Gentoo Store if I want.
Also have a statement that if in some way the foundation either seizes to exist or fails in using the trademark for more than 2 years (time TBD) the trademark ownership will fall back to Daniel Robbins (or Gentoo Technologies, Inc.) This will cover the case where the NFP collapses.
Feedback is important! Even if it is just supportive. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net