From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Membership straw poll
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:39:21
On Monday 18 April 2005 20:12, Aron Griffis wrote:
> Personally, I'd like continuous 1 year required prior to eligibility. > A hiatus (the semi-official Gentoo term for leave of absence) of more > than 30 days would revoke membership, requiring 6 months of activity > following the hiatus to restore membership. This rule would attempt > to ensure that members are abreast of current goings-on to reduce > uninformed voting. It's also simple and relatively easy to track.
I think the time of 30 days is somewhat short for hiatus. In europe it is not unusual to take holidays for over 3 or sometimes 4 weeks. Getting awfully close to this limit. Of course such an hiatus should then be announced. I would put 45 days (or 1 1/2 month) as more appropriate. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net