From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Possible scenario for '07/'08 Trustees
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:52:49
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Tue Jul 31 2007, 04:01:16PM CDT]
2 > > Why do we need to hold an election about this? I was under the
3 > > impression the current trustees have already agreed. Or did I miss
4 > > something?
5 >
6 > We're not the entire Foundation and I don't think that we should make a
7 > change that affects every member such as this without giving them their
8 > voice.
9
10 I'm with Chris (and Mike) on this one. It really needs a vote, although
11 I'd just prefer a yes/no vote on joining the SFC. If it failed, we
12 could then address other options.
13
14 > > Personally, I would rather postpone the trustees election until we're
15 > > done with the switch to the SFC. Grant, could we get a status update?
16
17 We're waiting on Kuhn et al to return from OSCON and vacation. They're
18 supposed to get back to me in "early August", and I'll ping them again
19 next week. Kuhn, at least, does seem to visit #conservancy fairly
20 regularly. Meanwhile, I'd prefer to postpone the trustees election
21 until that gets resolved, too, but that assumes that we can get
22 something rolling in the next couple of weeks. If not, then I think
23 elections are only fair.
24
25 -g2boojum-
26 --
27 Grant Goodyear
28 Gentoo Developer
29 g2boojum@g.o
30 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
31 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76