From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:29:43
1 Grant Goodyear wrote: [Tue May 03 2005, 02:05:23PM CDT]
2 > So, if you want the job of being a Gentoo Foundation trustee, send an
3 > e-mail to gentoo-nfp stating so. You might want to state why either in
4 > that e-mail or in your blog or some other place that's easy to find.
5 > Nominations will close at 9 May 2005, 23:59 UTC. Voting will then
6 > commence (assuming that we have everything in place by then!), and the
7 > polls will close at 23:59 UTC, 16 May 2005. If UTC is not your friend,
8 > then "date -u" just might be.
9
10 Okay, so it's time for me to self-nominate, as well.
11
12 Stuff done so far:
13
14 * Drafted bylaws
15 * Filed the Foundation's post-incorporation paperwork
16 * Set up netbank account
17 * Drafted not-yet-approved transfer agreement between Gentoo
18 Technologies and the Gentoo Foundation
19 * Solicted and drafted Foundation membership prerequisites
20 * Leading the voting effort for new trustees
21
22 Goals for the future:
23
24 * Find a new bank that can handle account access by US and non-US
25 citizens.
26 * Look into relocating the Foundation, since NM law has a
27 residency requirement.
28 * Favor sane licensing over actual copyright transfer
29
30 (The latter is controversial. Hey, everybody running should take a
31 stand on something controversial.)
32
33 If the above suffices, then please vote for me.
34
35 -g2boojum-
36 --
37 Grant Goodyear
38 Gentoo Developer
39 g2boojum@g.o
40 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
41 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76