From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:29:43
Grant Goodyear wrote: [Tue May 03 2005, 02:05:23PM CDT]
> So, if you want the job of being a Gentoo Foundation trustee, send an > e-mail to gentoo-nfp stating so. You might want to state why either in > that e-mail or in your blog or some other place that's easy to find. > Nominations will close at 9 May 2005, 23:59 UTC. Voting will then > commence (assuming that we have everything in place by then!), and the > polls will close at 23:59 UTC, 16 May 2005. If UTC is not your friend, > then "date -u" just might be.
Okay, so it's time for me to self-nominate, as well. Stuff done so far: * Drafted bylaws * Filed the Foundation's post-incorporation paperwork * Set up netbank account * Drafted not-yet-approved transfer agreement between Gentoo Technologies and the Gentoo Foundation * Solicted and drafted Foundation membership prerequisites * Leading the voting effort for new trustees Goals for the future: * Find a new bank that can handle account access by US and non-US citizens. * Look into relocating the Foundation, since NM law has a residency requirement. * Favor sane licensing over actual copyright transfer (The latter is controversial. Hey, everybody running should take a stand on something controversial.) If the above suffices, then please vote for me. -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76