From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Tool to add EAPI="prefix"
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 00:08:35
Here's an attempt at public consumption....

There's two files, to run them one will need to export a variable
containing the PREFIX (we are using STARGATE_HOME)  (see the 9th line
of addeapi.py).  Also the emegeparts.py file is the dependency
generation stuff.  I add portage to sys.path at the top and am
hardcoding that value...(so one will need to update that).

Now with both files in the same directory, call something like:
python addeapi.py -e eclipse-core
which will take the ebuild for eclipse-core from PORTDIR and copy it
into an overlay.  It will add EAPI="prefix", update EDEST and digest
it.

Send feedback comments my way.

On that note, we have quite a few java components added to prefix:
ant                  commons-el          jakarta-regexp    saxpath
ant-core             commons-fileupload  java-config       servletapi
ant-tasks            commons-httpclient  javacup           struts
antlr                commons-lang        jaxen             struts-legacy
avalon-logkit        commons-launcher    jdepend           sun-jaf-bin
bcel                 commons-logging     jdom              sun-jdk
bsf                  commons-modeler     jsch              sun-jmx
bsh                  commons-net         junit             xalan
commons-beanutils    commons-pool        jython            xerces
commons-collections  commons-validator   jzlib             xjavac
commons-daemon       dom4j               libreadline-java  xml-commons
commons-dbcp         gnu-crypto          log4j             xml-commons-external
commons-digester     jakarta-oro         rhino             xml-commons-resolver

Where can we put these?

-matt

On 5/15/06, m h <sesquile@×××××.com> wrote:
> Sure let me clean up a few issues, and add this functionality, then > I'll put it out. > > On 5/15/06, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote: > > Hi matt! > > > > Could you perhaps also do the > > "make DESTDIR=${D} install" -> "make DESTDIR=${EDEST} install" > > trick in your script? That would make it probably perfect for a lot > > ebuilds... > > > > I like the idea! > > > > > > On 15-05-2006 09:46:09 -0700, m h wrote: > > > Folks- > > > > > > I've hacked together some portage code to add new ebuilds to a prefixed > > > overlay. > > > > > > The idea is to be able to migrate existing ebuilds to prefix by: > > > > > > * finding the latest version of the ebuild > > > * copying it into an overlay > > > * add EAPI="prefix" > > > * update the digest > > > > > > It has some bugs, but if there is interest in this I can clean it up > > > and release it to others. (Obviously not all ebuilds will "just work" > > > with this hack, but it should remove some of the monotony of adding > > > ebuild that just require on this (lots of java ones for example)). > > > > > > -matt > > > > > > > -- > > Fabian Groffen > > Gentoo for Mac OS X Project > > -- > > gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list > > > > >

addeapi.py application/octet-stream
emergeparts.py application/octet-stream