From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] SUCCESS!!! system installed
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:31:17
On 23-03-2006 04:14:17 +0000, m h wrote:
> On 3/23/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote: > > > To get around the gcc issue, gcc3.3.6 was installed. > > > > Ok, so we'll bump the gcc versions in the prefix tree. I'd like to > > 4.x in there anyway as well. > > This was NOT a version bump. The version in the tree was 3.4.4...
... which works fine on amd64 here... (Ok, I screwed it up, but that's my own fault.) I do have a question though. Did you install binutils, gcc, linux-headers and glibc from portage now? The current stuff appears to work, but I think it has some paths set wrong, therefore using still headers from / instead of ${PREFIX}. I'm on a fix here, if I can get my gcc recompiled (I screwed up the linker: ${PREFIX}/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory)
> > > The next issue was complaints about "-fno-stack-protector" available > > > on gcc. The was no gcc binary in $PREFIX, so I resolved this by > > > adding a gcc symlink in $PREFIX to ${PREFIX}/usr/bin/gcc-3.3.6. > > > > This should be solved by using gcc-config, which sets the appropriate > > symlinks. Its probably broken in prefix though, haven't tested it yet.
Yeah, but this tool doesn't work (yet). We need it, because maintaining the symlinks yourself is a tedious job.
> > > I hit the missing libpython2.4.so issue again, so I added > > > ${PREFIX}/usr/lib/ to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. > > > > Hmm, so Diego was right...this obviously needs to be fixed. did > > running env-update work as expected?
It probably runs fine, but as long as you don't use bash, tcsh or zsh from the prefix, it won't source it. You need to emerge one of those shells (at least for tcsh I am 100% sure ;) ) and execute it, because they are properly patched/configured to use the prefix to look for system-wide init files. Only with such shell you get the contents of "env-update", a.k.a. env.d/*
> > > That along with a few ebuild foo.ebuild digest, and manually > > > downloading a few tarballs and putting them in distfiles allowed me to > > > finish emerge -av system. > > > > Why the manual downloads? > > Don't know but some of the tarballs weren't found in the default > places. (I don't think it was an exhaustive search, but after I see 5 > or so failed attempts I just google for "Index of" and the tarball > name, and download it and put it in distfiles.
Hmmm, ok, maybe the mirror select thinghy would come in handy here. I noticed this myself too, that it quite often hangs on slow servers or just can't find the file on many mirrors it tries.