From: antoine.raillon@××××.com
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Réf. : [gentoo-perl] goals (g-cpan now, far flung future)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:05:01
(sorry for bad quoting and so, Notes is such a baaaad MUA..)

Feature freeze : OK for that, but (depending of sniper's work, which I
haven't checked yet) a massive cleaning is a minimal thing to do before a
.13 release I think ;p. SVN will help us for that, as mail attachment are
not an easy thing to manage ;p

Bundling : well, it depends how you want to bundle things. do you want to :
A/ Include g-cpan & other tools in pre-existing things, ie gentoolkit ?
B/ Add all the perl-tools in something like say.. g-perl-tools package ?

The second one is the best choice i guess ;)

--
cab

             Michael Cummings
             <mcummings@gento
             o.org>                                                   Pour
                                       gentoo-perl@l.g.o
             11/05/2005 08:45                                           cc

                                                                     Objet
                 Veuillez              [gentoo-perl] goals (g-cpan now,
                répondre à             far flung future)
             gentoo-perl@gent
                  oo.org

Morning all,

I'm writing this as I get ready to head to the office, so I haven't had a
chance
to read everything that's transpired while I selfishly slept :)

If at all possible, I'd like to ask if we can freeze feature additions on
g-cpan
for at least a few days, mostly so we can agree that as is is nice and
clean and
I can post it to the tree (recent rush for updates has been so we can start
on
the split of dev-perl, which would break the g-cpan that's available to the
masses right now). Not permanently halt, just for a few days so we can push
the
cleaned snapshot into the tree :)

And then, in the far flung future, I was thinking as I sipped (gulped) my
coffee
this morning...what do you all think of ultimately bundling g-cpan with a
few
other gentoo specific perl apps? I'm thinking in particular of perl-cleaner
(if
you've upgraded perl on a gentoo box in the last few months and aren't
familiar
with it, shame shame shame), maybe even my ill fated page scraping bugger
(ping
me for shameless url plug). This last bit is really just a rambling thought
that
may sound horrible when fully conscious (gentoo-perlkit came to mind as a
name
for the collection).

OK, off to the office and irc where I'm sure I'm flame bait to you all :)

-mike
[rattachement "atttd9ne.dat" supprimé par ANTOINE RAILLON -
E233469/users/PSA]