From: antoine.raillon@××××.com
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Réf. : [gentoo-perl] goals (g-cpan now, far flung future)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:05:01
1 (sorry for bad quoting and so, Notes is such a baaaad MUA..)
2
3 Feature freeze : OK for that, but (depending of sniper's work, which I
4 haven't checked yet) a massive cleaning is a minimal thing to do before a
5 .13 release I think ;p. SVN will help us for that, as mail attachment are
6 not an easy thing to manage ;p
7
8 Bundling : well, it depends how you want to bundle things. do you want to :
9 A/ Include g-cpan & other tools in pre-existing things, ie gentoolkit ?
10 B/ Add all the perl-tools in something like say.. g-perl-tools package ?
11
12 The second one is the best choice i guess ;)
15 cab
20 Michael Cummings
21 <mcummings@gento
22 o.org> Pour
23 gentoo-perl@l.g.o
24 11/05/2005 08:45 cc
25
26 Objet
27 Veuillez [gentoo-perl] goals (g-cpan now,
28 répondre à far flung future)
29 gentoo-perl@gent
30 oo.org
39 Morning all,
40
41 I'm writing this as I get ready to head to the office, so I haven't had a
42 chance
43 to read everything that's transpired while I selfishly slept :)
44
45 If at all possible, I'd like to ask if we can freeze feature additions on
46 g-cpan
47 for at least a few days, mostly so we can agree that as is is nice and
48 clean and
49 I can post it to the tree (recent rush for updates has been so we can start
50 on
51 the split of dev-perl, which would break the g-cpan that's available to the
52 masses right now). Not permanently halt, just for a few days so we can push
53 the
54 cleaned snapshot into the tree :)
55
56 And then, in the far flung future, I was thinking as I sipped (gulped) my
57 coffee
58 this morning...what do you all think of ultimately bundling g-cpan with a
59 few
60 other gentoo specific perl apps? I'm thinking in particular of perl-cleaner
61 (if
62 you've upgraded perl on a gentoo box in the last few months and aren't
63 familiar
64 with it, shame shame shame), maybe even my ill fated page scraping bugger
65 (ping
66 me for shameless url plug). This last bit is really just a rambling thought
67 that
68 may sound horrible when fully conscious (gentoo-perlkit came to mind as a
69 name
70 for the collection).
71
72 OK, off to the office and irc where I'm sure I'm flame bait to you all :)
73
74 -mike
75 [rattachement "atttd9ne.dat" supprimé par ANTOINE RAILLON -
76 E233469/users/PSA]
80 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list