From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] goals (g-cpan now, far flung future)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:47:29
Morning all,

I'm writing this as I get ready to head to the office, so I haven't had a chance
to read everything that's transpired while I selfishly slept :)

If at all possible, I'd like to ask if we can freeze feature additions on g-cpan
for at least a few days, mostly so we can agree that as is is nice and clean and
I can post it to the tree (recent rush for updates has been so we can start on
the split of dev-perl, which would break the g-cpan that's available to the
masses right now). Not permanently halt, just for a few days so we can push the
cleaned snapshot into the tree :)

And then, in the far flung future, I was thinking as I sipped (gulped) my coffee
this morning...what do you all think of ultimately bundling g-cpan with a few
other gentoo specific perl apps? I'm thinking in particular of perl-cleaner (if
you've upgraded perl on a gentoo box in the last few months and aren't familiar
with it, shame shame shame), maybe even my ill fated page scraping bugger (ping
me for shameless url plug). This last bit is really just a rambling thought that
may sound horrible when fully conscious (gentoo-perlkit came to mind as a name
for the collection).

OK, off to the office and irc where I'm sure I'm flame bait to you all :)

-mike