From: Antoine Raillon <antoine.raillon@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] why different ebuilds for perl and libperl?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:34:55
Michael Cummings a écrit :
> > but then came a discussion on -dev about how the static flag wasn't > intended for deciding whether you wanted a static or dynamic library, > which put this whole debate back into question as to whether it fit the > "rules."
it would save between 30 and 40Mb of space (on amd64 at least ;p) to have it only once. BTW, i'm not sure that on a fried box having perl still running is the most important thing (and maybe we could place a rescue perl package somewhere, just like there is a rescue portage ;p) Couldn"t this case be solved by a local perl-[static|dynamic] USE, with dynamic behaviour as default, while the rest of the world debates over the use of static USE and other "rules" ? ;p cab -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list