From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] r37 - in trunk: bin extra-docs
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:59:44
On Tuesday 31 May 2005 11:23, Antoine Raillon wrote:
> antoine.raillon@××××××.net a écrit : > > Another thing : did you see *John* or some nick like that on > #gentoo-perl ? He said he had difficulties to build > Exception::Class::DBI. I tried to g-cpan -i it once, and i saw CPAN > directly asking me for Module-Build. I answered no to CPAN installation, > then g-cpan said there was already an ebuild for Module::Build and > started to emerge things.. I stopped it by force at this point, but I > think we've a source of possible mess here ;)
Been a little out of sorts the last week, haven't been on irc at all really (sorry). The only way around this problem, really, is to either: * Come up with a new way of determining dependancies (which I think is in order anyway given that other todo/wish item i added, making sure the dependancy is also the met by version). Currently we let cpan unpack the downloaded module and do a dry run to see what deps it complains about. It's ugly, nasty, but works in a sick, fatalistic way. * Make module-build a dep for g-cpan. To resum the problem, when cpan goes to try and build the module to see what deps are missing, if the module uses module-build then it craps out and tries to install module-build, but we have an ebuild for it, hence the ugly situation. And all of this aside - g-cpan is still sexy and a millions times better than it used to be :) -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list