From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Another g-cpan question
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:55:09
That's right folks, shape the future of the next release of g-cpan!

*cough* *cough*

OK, next question I'm torn on (btw, verdict with 2 whole feedbacks was
that YAML was an acceptable dep). I'm in a position where I can tweak
some simple code based on the more comprehensive dep list and list DEPs,
or I can take some time (and time == slightly larger memory footprint)
and maintain module-version in the DEP list. Thoughts? On the one hand,
g-cpan is a "for entertainment purposes only" tool, ie, the ebuilds it
generates are intended for use on your box only, not for mass
distribution to the masses (for starters, there's no such thing as QA on
what its doing - its the risk you take using something that blindly
installs cpan modules). On the other hand, the power is there to do
it...opinions?