From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Re: Patch problem
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:26:15
1 On 03/08/2011 05:41 AM, Michael wrote:
2 > I've been able to collect the list of flags required to satisfy the
3 > dependency and apply them, but I'm having difficulty with ensuring that they
4 > do not override the user's settings.
5 >
6 > eg. need +foo to satisfy the dependency, but do not do it it USE="-foo".
7 >
8 > As suggested by yourself, portage.settings.configdict["conf"]["USE"] indeed
9 > does contain explicit enable/disable information from make.conf, however the
10 > other keys, such as those representing the env or package.use do not.
11 >
12 > How can I get this information?
13
14 In pym/portage/package/ebuild/_config/UseManager.py there's a getPUSE
15 method that should give you the negative package.use settings. That's
16 what setcpv calls to the package.use settings before it applies the
17 "incremental" stacking that eliminates the negative values.
18 --
19 Thanks,
20 Zac