From: Michael <kensington@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Re: Patch problem
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:43:22
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Inside depgraph._resolve(), it returns False if
3 > self._dynamic_config._needed_use_config_changes is non-empty. You want
4 > to add an option that causes it to return True instead. Also, you'll
5 > need to propagate these changes to the config.setcpv() method somehow,
6 > so that the changes will be applied by the Scheduler at build time.
7 > Normally, the config.setcpv() method calculates USE based on config
8 > files, but you want it override the config files with whatever values
9 > the depgraph's _needed_use_config_changes contains.
10
11 I've been able to collect the list of flags required to satisfy the
12 dependency and apply them, but I'm having difficulty with ensuring that they
13 do not override the user's settings.
14
15 eg. need +foo to satisfy the dependency, but do not do it it USE="-foo".
16
17 As suggested by yourself, portage.settings.configdict["conf"]["USE"] indeed
18 does contain explicit enable/disable information from make.conf, however the
19 other keys, such as those representing the env or package.use do not.
20
21 How can I get this information?
24 Thanks,
25 Michael