From: Simon Lipp <simon.lipp@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [SoC] Idea for emerge
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:56:32
1 > and I'd assume users might get rather confused to answer questions
2 > that are then thrown away later.
3 I don't unterstand what do you mean by that...
4
5 > Another (relatively minor) problem
6 > is that the flags set in such a session would have to be made
7 > persistent somehow, and I wouldn't want emerge to mess
8 > with /etc/portage/package.* files
9 Why ? it's just doing something the user will normally do....
10
11 > As for listing USE flag descriptions, there are already
12 > patches floating around for that (at least TGL wrote one a while
13 > ago), and even if not it would be hardly worth a complete SoC project
14 > by itself.
15 My idea was to integrate this with emerge, and this seemed something
16 not very easy. But I totally agree that it's very easy (too for the SoC)
17 to make an external tool to do that. So, since you think that emerge is
18 not a place for that, I'll search for a new idea for the SoC and try to
19 make this simple tool next week ;)
20
21 Regards
22 --