From: Simon Lipp <simon.lipp@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [SoC] Idea for emerge
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:52:53
1 > Take a look at porthole's cvs trunk branch. I am nearly finished
2 > getting things ready for the next testing & release. It should work
3 > ok, still some bugs to work out, some code to finish. I have
4 > extended the dependency view for a package with a lot more info. I
5 > have also set it to follow the dependencies deeper (which already
6 > include use flags, both used and not used). A new feature also makes
7 > any dependency clickable to bring up a new window with that package's
8 > notebook detail. It also allows you to click it's dependencies for
9 > more popups, adjust use flags, keywords, etc.. The cli is great, but
10 > gui's are better at showing large groups of info like variable
11 > dependency graphs so you can get it right before you start the emerge.
12 >
13 Great :). I'll probably test it tomorrow.
14
15 > P.S. If your looking for something to do, I can always use a hand :)
16 > especially on the portage/pkgcore interface side.
17 Right now, I'm very busy, but I'll have a lot of spare time next week
18 for 2 or 3 weeks. So, if you need some help... just ask ;)
19 --
20 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list