From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] 2.1 release candidate soon?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:16:06
1 On Apr 7, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > We have a new cache format, confcache, parallel fetch, etc... The
4 > bonus
5 > is these features are already mature and relatively old ( a year +
6 > as of
7 > now ).
8
9 Reading about confcache i have one question:
10
11 When i saw, that this feature exists (in make.examples) i activated
12 it. But it did not work because i had not emerged confcache. I think
13 this check should be stricter, if i want confcache and have
14 FEATURES="confcache" and confcache is not emerged, i think
15 emerge ... should die, not just say "Ok, you said you want it but
16 you don't have it, so i don't use it". What do you think about that?
17
18 Philipp
19 --
20 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list