From: DaRonin <daronin@××××.COM>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] portage and binary packages
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 22:50:46
1 Hi,
2
3 I have one machine that I use exclusively for compiling, using the -b
4 (--buildpkg) option.
5
6 I would like to be able to upgrade all my other boxes using that binary
7 tree. So I tried to use -k (--usepkg) option with $PKGDIR defined. However
8 it would seem that $PKGDIR can only point to localFS. NFS is not an option
9 since not all of my boxes are located in a single location, and my
10 firewalls don't handle RPC that well.
11
12 ftpfs simply doesn't work with 2.4.20-ben10 kernel, and lufs seems to
13 be bugy as hell.
14
15 Any ideas how I can get this working short of rewritting emerge? ;)
16
17 daRonin
21 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list