From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] xfree-4.2.99.4 + xfree-drm-4.2.99.4 == working DRI
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:48:40
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:10:16PM +0000, Mark Guertin wrote:
4 > Hello everyone, as the subject says, get the latest ~ppc xfree and xfree-drm,
5 > and if you have a r128 or radeon based setup, you _should_ end up with
6 > working DRI in xfree.
9 thought some feedback is in order! First, it works (with the
10 already discussed complaint of the awful cursor).
11 My ibook2 with a Rage card now gives app 500fps, which is a new
12 high (and the new modules seem to be able to handle AGP mode
13 and sleep/wakeup). The mysterious segfaults I had with my first
14 attempt of 4.2.99.4 about a week ago have disappeared as well.
15
16 > make sure your /usr/src/linux symlink is pointed to your _active_ kernel when
17 > you compile.
18
19 I did this, but can't help being confused. Was this not supposed
20 to be a no no for quite some time? This time I set the symlink,
21 and then restored the original /usr/include/linux directory. Just
22 wondering whether I'll remember the next time.
23
24 Let me add a question regarding keyboards. Although i have a german
25 ibook2, I run most of the time with the US keyboard and this
26 (mostly) works. However, once in a while, I would like to use the
27 german keyboard (or switch to a french keyboard for that matter). I
28 can easily get the basic keymaps by changing the XF86Config file
29 without problems, but they are very poor in the sense that it seems
30 impossible to get to the keys that require some of the special
31 apple keys. From the debian ppc page there is for example a link
32 to a german keymap for the ibook, but that didn't even work with
33 4.2.1. So, obviously if someone has keymaps that would be great,
34 other than that, how does one get to build one's own keymap? I
35 guess the existing maps are a starting point from where to go...
36
37 Finally, I should add that even with the US keymap the keyboard
38 in X seems flaky, i.e., in emacs one the cursor suddenly jumps.
39 I could believe that once in a while instead of a shift-something
40 one hits ctrl-something, but not *that* often. Is anyone else
41 experiencing similar problems?
42
43 Thanks for the good work!
44
45 Stefan
48 Stefan Boresch
49 Institute for Theoretical Chemistry and Structural Molecular Biology
50 University of Vienna, Waehringerstr. 17 A-1090 Vienna, Austria
51 Phone: -43-1-427752715 Fax: -43-1-427752790
54 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list