From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: tgall@g.o
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Native 64-bit on G5: A status report
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:56:30
At 07:50 -0500 on 2004-7-17 Tom Gall wrote:

 > xorg is now marked stable on ppc64.  The bits for running native X
 > with either an ATI card or NV card now works.

Thanks, just built it, will check it out soon.

 > You'll want to remove ppc from your keywords. At the moment one can
 > not mix and match the two.  That can cause no end of trouble!

Well, there are packages that do not have a ppc keyword but work, in
fact there are too many to enumerate in /etc/portage/ppc.keywords
(alternatively, I am too lazy to enumerate them ;-) ).  That's the
reason for the ppc keyword.

 > I'm not sure what to gander from this list. Are you saying you
 > emerged some of these packages as ppc when you're on a ppc64 box
 > running the 64 bit gentoo?

Yes, that's precisely the case.  I will file appropriate bugs then as
soon as I find the time.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.