From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] xfree-4.2.99.4 + xfree-drm-4.2.99.4 == working DRI
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:16:27
1 On February 11, 2003 10:21 pm, DaRonin wrote:
2 > I am currently running ppc-sources-2.4.20-r2.ebuild. I had to modify the
3 > radeonfb.c in the kernel to get my Cinema display going without the silly
4 > mirroring mode. I noticed that there were a few changes made in radeonfb
5 > support in ben-5. Unfortunately in ben-4 and up the LCD doesn't blank when
6 > I run on external display, instead it goes all white. I had no success in
7 > tracking down that problem as of yet.
8 >
9 > daRonin
10
11 Ahh, hmm. I have an idea as to what it may be. Some of the radeon changes in
12 ben5 were to address some DFP's not coming back to life in radeonfb after it
13 shut them down (while suffling memory around). Think it was in memory_fixup
14 function. I would start sniffing there. Ben had to change the call slightly
15 to avoid this.
16
17 BTW, this problem was specifically with 7500 + DFP afaik (like on my machine,
18 I helped ben chase that bug down), reverting it may help things. Not sure
19 what otehr changes he made there, likely stuff for M9/9000 as well
20
21 Gerk
25 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list