From: DaRonin <daronin@××××.COM>
To: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] xfree-4.2.99.4 + xfree-drm-4.2.99.4 == working DRI
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:30:00
1 Thanks,
2
3 I'll definately give it a try.
4
5 <snip>
6 > highly reccomend (in fact I think for radeon it requires) a fairly recent
7 > kernel, I'm running ppc-sources-benh-r5 right now. My harrdware needs a
8 > damsound patch to run, but this patch should also be coming in next
9 > ppc-sources due any day if your machine has issues with audio and damsound.
10 <snip>
11
12 I am currently running ppc-sources-2.4.20-r2.ebuild. I had to modify the
13 radeonfb.c in the kernel to get my Cinema display going without the silly
14 mirroring mode. I noticed that there were a few changes made in radeonfb
15 support in ben-5. Unfortunately in ben-4 and up the LCD doesn't blank when
16 I run on external display, instead it goes all white. I had no success in
17 tracking down that problem as of yet.
18
19 daRonin
23 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list